1. It’s good for your clients, it’s good for your business, it’s good for society, and it’s good for you.
2. You’ll be surprised how many of your clients are searching for a way to give back to society, to memorialize a loved one, or simply to do good.
3. Clients agree that philanthropy is no more personal than any other decision advisors help them make. Financial and estate planning is about all the things they can do with their money. This is one of them.
4. Discussing philanthropy with your clients can be done unobtrusively, in a way that respects their privacy, values, and autonomy.
5. It expands the menu of services available to your clients, thereby increasing their level of satisfaction with you and your firm.
6. It adds to your areas of expertise as a professional advisor.
7. It increases the potential for new referrals and thus opens the door to many new clients.
8. It marries your chosen profession with your desire to be of benefit to the world.
9. It helps address important social needs and helps make our community a healthier, more vibrant place to live—a real legacy for future generations.
10. Leave A Legacy and other programs are already promoting and explaining
planned gifts to your clients; many clients expect you to bring it up.